Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Sing Off!

Hi lovelies!

So... I don't have a tv in my apartment. Well, we have one. But there is no tv programming, cable, or anything. Lots of people have their shows they CAN'T miss and have to watch every week or whatever, but I don't have that! It's quite nice though, thanks to Andrew for opening my horizons to life without tv. ;) Haha. But I will say, there are times where I miss being able to turn on Univision or Disney channel as background entertainment while I eat or cook or something. When my sister Emilie and I lived at home, we always had shows we watched regularly with our dad. It was always a good bonding thing for us. But, as time has gone on, and we all get busy- we haven't really been able to have our "tv bonding" moments.

When I went home last though, Dad was telling me about The Sing Off and showing me some Youtube videos of the groups from this season. So I made it my winter break goal to watch the whole season online, so when I go home for the holidays- we can catch up and bond over the groups we loved or hated! It's the little things in life, right? :)

And so here I am, ready to RAVE about The Sing Off in its third season! In case you don't know about it or haven't heard it, it's a competitive show to decide what acapella group is the strongest. My family and I LOVE acapella singing. It's completely natural, not instruments, etc. I love this. This season (and maybe other ones, but I can't remember!) the judges are Ben Folds, Shawn Stockman, and my absolutely new favorite: Sara Bareilles. They are awesome, and basically the best judges out of all the other singing shows. Not like I'm biased or anything... ;)

But seriously. I love this show. And it's one you can put on as the background and not have to watch super intensely (even though I usually end up doing it anyway!) There are different themes for each week: hip-hop, 60's, superstars, etc. They're all great, and super entertaining! And I would just like to say, if you have free time or interest in a new show to watch with FANTASTIC singing- you should watch this show! Which sounds like I'm an advertisement... But I want everyone to feel the excitement and happiness I feel when I watch/ listen to it! :D

Here are a few of my favorite songs they did... Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment