Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Explore the world... and yourself!

Yesterday my lovely friend in Ireland, Emily, suggested I go for a walk. Get lost. Trust my intuition to get back. Take a break from thinking so much about life.

So I did.

I threw my phone in my bag, grabbed my camera and my "meditation" music, and wandered around Kansas City. I took lots of pictures. Because, I don't know. Sometimes the most common things we see everyday seem extra beautiful if you just take an extra moment to enjoy them. It's nice to have simplicity once in a while. I always make things so complicated and overthink everything. That's just silly. Sometimes ya just need to take a step back, stop thinking, and just BE.

That's what I did yesterday. It was great. I probably looked like a weirdo in my maxi dress and moccasins walking around aimlessly, but that's ok. I don't know any of these people anyway ;)

"You don't need a reason for doing everything in your life. Do it because you want to. Because it's fun. Because it makes you happy."

“Maybe you had to leave in order to really miss a place; maybe you had to travel to figure out how beloved your starting point was.” - Jodi Picoult, Handle with Care

"Traveling is a brutality. If forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things - air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky - all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it." - Cesare Pavese


Here is the documentation of my lovely adventure. Enjoy. :)


So many colors

Clear skies

The path ahead

Two totally different kinds, but they're both trees. Side by side.

Sometimes dirt roads lead to the greenery

It's nice to relax and kick back

Laying in the grass. Listening to tunes. Avoiding sun damage in my eyes.

Beautiful 

Attempting to use the self timer...

Self timer


My balance isn't the greatest. :P

Curb walking is fun

Dig deeper

Towering over me with such strength and beauty

Find the color among the blandness of things

A little color and decoration can make a big difference







No comments:

Post a Comment